Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 63 – First week at home with mommy








This first week at home with mommy did not get off to the best start. The night before I went back to work he did not sleep much and therefore neither did we. He has had a few overnight rough patches since then too. Kristi is great and takes the majority of the work since I have to get up and go to work (although I often feel like I have the easier job). Overall Kristi rates the first few days as "fair"...so we've let Corin know that he has got some room for improvement.

The real test for the two of them will start tomorrow. I have to leave for work for over two weeks! Luckily for me it is only a few hours away and Kristi and Corin are going to stay with me for part of that time. It will be hard to be away, and it is sad that I will be away for the 4th of July, since that has become a special holiday for Kristi and me.

Corin has had a steady stream of visits lately. This week we went to see our friends (who are going to have a baby any day now). They got to test out their parenting skills for a few hours. Kristi has also had friends come to the house to visit her during the day, which is always nice so she can get some adult interaction.

Other than being a bit fussier lately, Corin is doing well. He appears to be gaining weight well, since he looks chubbier every day. He’s still pushing against things with his feet, making lots more noises just for fun, and looking around a lot more. He is getting more and more control over his head. If you carry him under lights he will move his head from side to side to track them as they move over him.




1 comment:

  1. Seriously,did you guys have to use up all the cuteness in the neighborhood? I'm afraid that there's no way that our kid will be able to live up to how cute Corin is:0)

    ReplyDelete